Calling all bikers

Engine powered bikes, that is. An acquaintance has asked for my help in spreading the word about an upcoming bikers’ gathering… and it’s all for a good cause! Yep, it’s that time of the year when our thoughts turn to the fund-raising marathon that is L-Istrina.

Some of the guys from Paqpaqli ghall-Istrina, the motoring offshoot, are organising a bike ride. Anyone who owns one of these bikes is invited to join the clan. There will be laughs, there will be a good ride and there will be more fun. It’s not  race, but a group of like-minded bikers getting together to raise funds so go on… join the two-wheeled party!

More info is to be found on the Facebook event page here, or you can also email Christian Mangion on christmangion@gmail.com.

I know most of you who read this blog are not bikers, but I’m sure many of you have biker friends, so please keep sharing! Happy riding.

Comments

1. Melisande Aquilina says:

Would love to go on a ride. Been ages since I’ve gone to one and this is for a very good cause. Problem is – I don’t have a bike lol. Anyone who would not mind a passenger let me know ;-P

Seriously, well done for promoting this event!

2. time date and meeting place pls

3. Chris Mangion says:

Jackie, this is the event I spoke to you about last Friday. If we get enough replica bikes together, the organisers of Paqpaqli ghall-istrina are allowing us to do the runway sprint as a group.

Of course we will be meeting before to go for a ride, then ride thru together. please note that a lot of clubs are attending. This call is for those of us who have MotoGP or Superbike replica bikes…it would def be eye candy to see replica bike riding together, especially for a good cause.

4. Adrian says:

What do you mean one of these bikes the 1098 tricolor? I have 1198S special edition!!

• Chris Mangion says:

A 1198S special edition is of course welcome to join. Email me your details please so I can put you on the list and send you more details.

5. Chris Mangion says:

Paqpaqli ghall-Istrina will take place on the 11 December beween 09:00 and 15:30 at MIA.Once we put together a group of replicas and special edition bikes, specific times and meeting location for this group will be agreed upon.

Adrian – any  GP or WSB replica or special edition can be included in this. pls email me for further details.

6. Melisande Aquilina says:

Ahh sounds like it’s gonna be awesome!

Trackbacks

1. […] Don’t forget that there will be another bikers’ event for charity in December. Click here for details. GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); […]

2. […] Don’t forget that there will be another bikers’ event for charity in December. Click here for details. Filed Under: Personality interviews, The Times TV Guide Tagged With: bikers' […]